Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Advantages Of Consuming Superfoods?.
You have become what you put within your body. Quite literally, you are. As an example, amino acids absorbed on account of eating meat can be used by our bodies in repairing muscles. The same goes for all other foods, so it is important that you have a meal correctly. Nutritional advice tells us that the correct food can make us fit so superfoods are becoming a part of many individuals’s diets. But what exactly are superfoods? In straightforward terms, some food is good for us and many not so helpful. Putting on fat is only 1 of the issues with eating the wrong foodstuff and, as opposed to this, a good food can give you energy in addition to keeping you healthy. For example you might imagine, superfoods are looked at as the correct form of food.
Superfoods also have an additional health quality in just how they enhance your immunity. Garlic can be described as well known superfood that can give your immune system a genuine boost, which will help the body chase away health problems. Your blood cholesterol count may also be lowered by garlic. If you’ve got a hypersensitive stomach then it is best to not eat garlic as it could irritate the lining. As said above, water is extremely vital for your system (after all, the bulk of your body is made up of water) however now and then it can be tough to drink high volumes of water, which can be why you may want to try drinking Green tea. Rich in antioxidants, green tea is considered a healthy drink because it contains polyphenols. Green tea may also hinder new blood vessels from growing, which can help prevent tumors from developing.
It now appears to be a great time to start ingesting some superfoods to have the healthy advantages of all the minerals, vitamins and other necessary nutrients they contain.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe. You can have southwest beef 'n' bean soup using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded or diced.
- Take 2 lb of ground beef.
- Take 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- Get 1 can of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- Take 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- You need 5 of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen vegetables – country trio – carrots, green beans, and corn.
- You need 3 quart of beef stock.
- Take of salt.
- Provide of ground black pepper.
- Take 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 tbsp of chili powder – use more for spicier soup.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin – adjust to taste.
- Take of tortilla chips (optional).
- You need of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
Steps to make Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
If you find this Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.