Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chilli con carne recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chilli con carne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chilli con carne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already have some knowledge of how essential it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Think about it: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already know that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are vital in terms of the total health of your heart. Are you aware, however, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthy? If you are interested to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Know that fish is just about the healthiest food you can include in your diet. You may already be aware of this because you’ve most likely been told to make sure that you eat fish at least two times a week. This is especially true for those whose hearts are not in good shape. Fish is loaded with Omega 3s which are what helps break down and turn unhealthy cholesterol into good energy. Try eating fish in at least two meals every week.
There are many foods that you can eat that are good for your body. It’s true that every food brought up in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially good, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Start consuming these hearty foods each day. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chilli con carne recipe. You can have chilli con carne using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Chilli con carne:
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (80/20).
- Take 2 links (1/4 lb) of beer bratwurst.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of Mexican beer, such as Modelo Especial.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can whole roasted tomatoes.
- Use 1-2 cups of chicken or beef stock.
- Get 1 can of ranchero-style pinto beans (like La Costeña brand).
- Use of Spice mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Aleppo chile powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Chipotle chile powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Provide Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of chilli powder.
- Get 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin (comino).
- Take 1 tsp of oregano.
- Get 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp of instant coffee (or 1 shot prepped espresso).
- Use to taste of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Chilli con carne:
- For spice blend: Combine all spices in a small bowl. If using whole spices/chiles, toast and grind separately first..
- Blend can of tomatoes in a food mill, processor, or blender. Add to a Crock-Pot with chicken/beef stock and set to high..
- Add beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casings and add to beef, breaking both up to create a more homogeneous blend. Stir occasionally, allowing fat to release from meat..
- When meat is beginning to brown, add onion and garlic. Cook until meat is well browned and onion is soft and translucent..
- Add spice mix to meat, beginning with half and tasting to see if you desire more (I always use it all). Add tomato paste and allow to cook, stirring constantly, until spices are toasted and well combined (about 1-2 min)..
- Add meat mixture to crockpot and stir. Deglaze pan with the beer and allow alcohol to evaporate (there should be a lot of great fond to scrape up!). Add this to the Crock-Pot when beginning to take on a syrupy texture..
- Add beans to Crock-Pot. Turn Crock-Pot to low and cover. Allow to simmer for 2-4 hours, until thick and delicious. Add salt and pepper to taste (don't add salt previous to this step!)..
- Serve hot, topped with cheese and sour cream. Served on top of Fritos, it's a killer Frito Pie. Served with cornbread, it's an incredible meal that will warm body and soul in wintertime..
If you find this Chilli con carne recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.