Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are aware of how important it is to have a healthy heart. After all, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you have to stick to a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. Did you already know, however, that there are some foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Keep reading to learn which foods are best for your heart.
Do you remember being told by your parents “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that apples have lots of good stuff in them to help keep your heart healthy. Apples are known to be loaded with soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t take hold or cause blockages. The truth is that eating a single Red Delicious apple every day can lead to as much as an eight percent fall in your LDL cholesterol levels. That’s a fantastic number if you’re working to improve your heart health!
There are a whole lot of foods that you can consume that will be beneficial for your body. To be sure, the foods cited in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are particularly great, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. You can cook southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southwest-style chicken soup:
- You need 2 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Take 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Take 1 of large sweet onion, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Get 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder.
- Get 1-28 oz of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1-14 oz of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Take 1 cup of sweet corn kernels.
- Provide of Garnishes.
- You need of Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- Provide of Avocado, sliced.
- Get of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Prepare of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Tortillas, crisped.
- Use of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Instructions to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.