Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Goan-style Fish Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Goan-style Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan-style Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Keeping Track of What exactly You Eat: How to Do It Correctly.
When you go on a diet one of the first things that you will learn is that it is important to keep track of what you eat during the day. Keeping your foods log not only helps you see clearly what you are eating, it helps you see what you are not eating. One example is that, after tracking your meals for a few days you could realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats without nearly enough organic nutrients. Writing all of it down will allow you to see specifically which parts of your diet plan really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
Write down precisely what time it is whenever you eat. This makes it possible to determine when you feel the most hungry, when you are vulnerable to snack and what you can do about it. After a day or two you could notice that, even though you eat lunch at the same time each day, you still feel hungry an hour or so later. You should also be able to see whether or not you might be eating because you’re bored. This is unbelievably helpful because knowing when you’re vulnerable to snacking will help you fill those times with alternative activities that will keep you away from the candy aisle.
What sort of mood are you in when you eat? Write it down! This helps you to show you whether or not you turn to food as a response to emotional issues. It may also identify the foods you select when you are in certain moods. Many individuals will reach for junk foods if we are upset, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. When you look closely at how you eat in the course of your different moods and psychological states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier choices around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to goan-style fish curry recipe. You can have goan-style fish curry using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Prepare 4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli, thinly sliced.
- Get 1 of red chilli, thinly sliced.
- Get 2 cm of sq (¾in) piece root ginger, peeled and grated.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 2 tbsp of sunflower or rapeseed oil.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Get 1 of large fresh or tinned tomato, finely chopped.
- Provide 1 of x 400ml tin coconut milk.
- Take 1 tbsp of palm sugar (or soft light-brown sugar).
- Use 2 tsp of tamarind paste, or juice of half a lemon.
- Take 300 g (1 lb) of 2oz) firm white fish fillets, skin removed and flesh cut into chunks about 3cm sq (1¼in).
- You need 6-8 of large prawns in their shells, cooked or raw.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped coriander, or parsley, or the green tops of spring onion, to garnish.
Instructions to make Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Toast the coriander seeds, cumin and dried chillis in a dry frying-pan for about a minute. Crush in a pestle and mortar, then mix in the ginger, garlic, turmeric and 1 tsp salt..
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry until soft and golden. Add the sliced chillies and cook for another minute..
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, tamarind or lemon juice and bring to just under the boil. Immediately turn down the heat and simmer for about five minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Taste for seasoning..
- Season the fish with salt, then add it with the prawns to the sauce and simmer gently for about four minutes until the fish is cooked through and the prawns are bright pink. Check again for seasoning. Serve with basmati rice and garnish with herbs..
If you find this Goan-style Fish Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.