Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Positives Of Consuming Superfoods?.
What you consume, is who you might be. Quite plainly, you are. For example, meats including poultry include amino acids that happen to be important as they could help to repair muscle tissue. So be careful with the food you eat as it could possibly really make a difference. Folks nowadays are ingesting more ‘superfoods’ as these foods have been shown to improve your health and provide you with a lot of vital nutrients. So what constitutes as a superfood. We can in fact say that a number of foods help to increase our vitality and others do not. Bad foods include empty calories that will just make you fat if eaten in excess and good foods which have calories which will provide lots of energy as well as antioxidants to help reduce illness and disease. The nutritional varieties of meals are where you will discover superfoods.
Tomatoes are another superfood with antioxidant qualities on account of a compound called lycopene. As mentioned, nutrients are significant and a B vitamin called folate is within spinach. Spinach may help in your later years due to lutein in it which will help prevent you from going blind.
It now appears to be a great time to start eating some superfoods to get the healthy advantages of many of the minerals, vitamins and other vital nutrients they contain.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pounded yam with egusi soup and chicken recipe. You can have pounded yam with egusi soup and chicken using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken:
- Get of Pounded Yam.
- Use 1 of Medium Yam.
- You need Pinch of suger.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Egusi Soup.
- Use of Egusi.
- Take of Chicken.
- Use of Spinach.
- Provide of Palm oil.
- Take of I big onion.
- Provide 2 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- Take of Whole roasted shrimps.
- Take of Crawfish powder.
- Take of Salt and seasonings.
Instructions to make Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken:
- Peel the Yam into a medium sizes, wash and pour it into a clean pot and add water.
- Add a little bit suger toward the end to even out the bitterness from the yam.
- Drain the yam from the pot after cooking and pour it into a mota or pounding machine and pound till soft.
- Remove for the mota and make a shape of your choice, mine is round😜.
- Cut the chicken into pieces, put it in a clean pot and add onion, curry, seasonings and salt to taste. Cover and leave to cook for some minutes.
- In another clean pot, add palm oil and a diced onion, fry till the onion is golden brown. You can add some garlic if u like but is optional.
- Blend the red bell pepper and tomatoe, pour into the palm oil and fry it also.
- Diced the onion and mix it with the egusi, add water bit by bit until you make a thick paste.
- Scoop the egusi and let it cook for like 15 minutes on a low heat.
- After boiling the chicken, then fry it a bit and add it together with its stock into the egusi.
- Add some whole roasted shrimps and crawfish powder, add curry, seasonings and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Add spinach after cooking for like 10 minutes.
- Stir it well and leave for 5 minutes.
- My pounded Yam with Egusi soup and chicken is ready to serve. Enjoy with a drink of choice 😘😙😚.
If you find this Pounded Yam with Egusi Soup and Chicken recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.