Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Caramelized Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caramelized Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Are Superfoods In truth As High-quality As They’re Made Out To Be?.
You’re what you eat. If you consider it, this makes sense. For example, amino acids absorbed because of eating meat can be used by the body in repairing muscle tissue. So be careful with the foodstuff you devour as it could possibly really create a difference. Dietary advice tells us that the right food could make us well so superfoods are becoming a part of many individuals’s diets. So what typifies as a superfood. We can in truth say that various foods help to increase our health and others do not. Antioxidants in nutritional food assists our immune system whereas unhealthy foods have little value and could make you fat. Superfoods, as you will have guessed, come under good fare.
Some other good superfoods to eat are tomatoes as they contain something called Lycopene which is a wonderful antioxidant. Spinach can be a further good food because it has lots of iron and folate, and that is a B vitamin. Spinach may help you in the later years because of the lutein in it which could help inhibit you from going blind.
Superfoods are certainly worth eating as they give you a lot of nutritional value and health boosting vitamins that you could be otherwise not take in through your normal diet.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caramelized tomato soup recipe. You can have caramelized tomato soup using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Caramelized Tomato Soup:
- Provide 2 of roma tomatoes, very ripe.
- Prepare 2 of cans diced tomatoes (14oz. each).
- Prepare 1 of tbsp tomato paste.
- Provide 2 of small to medium carrots.
- Use 1 of celery stalk.
- Get 1/2 of red onion.
- Take 2 of cloves garlic.
- Get 200 gr of elbow or any other small pasta (7oz).
- Use 170 gr of panela cheese (6oz).
- Get 2 of tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 3 of tbsp unsalted butter.
- Use 4 of tbsp sour cream.
- Take of to taste tarragon.
- Take of to taste salt (I use pink Himalaya salt).
- Take of to taste freshly ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Caramelized Tomato Soup:
- Chop carrots, celery, and fresh tomatoes, reserve. Chop onion and garlic..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes, put in a bowl and reserve for later use..
- Drain the canned tomatoes over a bowl. Use a spoon to squeeze the tomatoes and get them as dry as possible. Save the juice!.
- Put a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and 1 tbsp butter. Once hot, add the chopped onion and garlic, season with salt & pepper and saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often..
- Add carrots, celery, and the fresh tomatoes. Cover and let cook until the carrots are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add the drained canned tomatoes and the tomato paste. Cook uncovered and stirring frequently, until the tomatoes caramelize, about 15 minutes..
- While the tomatoes caramelize, boil a pot with salted water and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta and return to pot, mix with the rest of the butter, salt and pepper, and set aside..
- Once the tomatoes are caramelized, add the strained juice from the canned tomatoes, plus 2 cups water to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, partly covered, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes (the vegetables should be very tender at the end).
- Transfer the soup to a blender and pureé. Careful: soup is very hot; start at a low speed and gradually increase it to avoid splattering. Watch for your desired texture: I prefer a a more chunky soup, but you can pureé until silky smooth if you want. Once blended, return to saucepan..
- Add the buttered pasta to the soup and mix well..
- Divide the cheese into plates and scoop the soup on top. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of tarragon. Enjoy!.
If you find this Caramelized Tomato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.