Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Bottle Gourd/Lauki Kofta Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bottle Gourd/Lauki Kofta Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bottle Gourd/Lauki Kofta Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Positives Of Consuming Superfoods?.
You might be what you consume. This is so right. If you consume some chicken that bird will be broken down plus the amino acids will be used to repair cells and develop muscle. So be cautious with the meals you eat as it can really create a difference. Awareness of how our diet effects our health and the nutrition we need has led to more folks eating superfoods. Do you know what superfoods actually are? We can really say that various foods help to increase our health and others do not. Bad foods have empty calories which will just make you fat if consumed in excess and good quality foods which have calories designed to provide plenty of energy including antioxidants to help reduce sickness and disease. Superfoods, as you will have guessed, come under good fare.
Malnourishment is the ultimate outcome of the body not getting the best type of nourishment. Carbohydrates provide fuel for your body, protein is significant to the health of your body’s cells and a particular level of fats is required. You also need water, that is the most essential of the lot. The correct level of minerals and vitamins can also be significant although not always effortless to attain, as well as another kinds of nutrient. A fatty acid that we at present know more about is Omega-3 and it helps the fight against the destructive form of cholesterol. Salmon is an illustration of a superfood since it provides protein as well as containing Omega-3. An additional advantage of Omega-3 as you get older is how it has a positive effect on your brain’s health. Numerous superfoods include Omega-3 including nuts, seeds and different types of fish.
Superfoods are definitely worth consuming as they provide you with a lot of vitamins and minerals and health boosting vitamins that you may otherwise not take in through your standard diet.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bottle gourd/lauki kofta curry recipe. You can cook bottle gourd/lauki kofta curry using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Bottle Gourd/Lauki Kofta Curry:
- Take 1 cup of Lauki bottle gourd salt / grated and mixed with -.
- Get 1 of Onion finely chopped -.
- Get 1 of cheese Amul cube grated -.
- Take 2 to 3 nos of chilies Green finely chopped – (optional).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Ginger grated / finely chopped -.
- You need 1/4 cup of Besan -.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
- Provide 3 tbsps of Oil -.
- Take 5 nos of Tomatoes cooked , skin removed and pureed -.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste -.
- You need 1 + 1/2 tsps of chili powder Red -.
- Use 2 tsps of Coriander powder -.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Garam masala -.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Take as required of Water.
- Take 2 tbsps of Cream – (optional).
Steps to make Bottle Gourd/Lauki Kofta Curry:
- To prepare the koftas:.
- Squeeze out the water from the grated lauki that has been mixed with salt (1/4 tsp) and place in a bowl..
- To this add the finely chopped onions, grated ginger and cheese, chopped green chilies and enough besan/ channa powder to bind the koftas..
- Make the kofta balls (about 12 to 14 nos). Note: It is best to keep the kofta loosely bound together- so that the kofta does not disintegrate when deep fried. To much of besan takes away the flavor of the lauki…so it is best to squeeze all the water out of the grated lauki and mix enough besan to this and the other ingredients just before deep frying the koftas..
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the koftas in batches. Drain of the excess oil. Set aside..
- To prepare the gravy:.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a saucepan, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a min on low flame. Now add the tomato puree and cook for a few min (7 min)..
- Next add the chili powder, coriander powder and salt(to taste). Add 1/4 cup water and cook on low flame until the oil floats on top and the gravy has turned to a deep red color(15 min approx).
- Now add the cream and let it cook for a min.(optional).
- Remove from flame. Just before serving heat the gravy, add a few splashes of hot water in case the gravy is thick, then add the koftas and cook for 7 min on medium flame. Garnish with some cream and grated cheese.
- Serve hot with Indian bread or pulao/rice.
If you find this Bottle Gourd/Lauki Kofta Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.