Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Foods: The proper way to Do It.
When you go on a diet one of the first things that you will learn is that it is important to keep track of what you eat during the day. Tracking all of the foods you take in can help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, after you keep a food record for a few days you may notice that even if you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Having it all written down can help you recognize the aspects of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
But what happens if you’ve been writing every thing down and still aren’t losing weight? There is a good way and a lazy method to track the food you eat. A food log isn’t only a list of the things you’ve eaten during the day. Other sorts of important information are going to need to be written down as well. Here are a number of points that you can make use of to help your food tracking be more successful.
What kind of spirits are you in whenever you eat? Write it down! This can show you whether you use foods to solve emotional issues. It will even identify the foodstuffs you choose when you are in certain moods. There are many people who seek out junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are just as likely to select healthy things when they feel happy and content. When you look closely at how you eat in the course of your different moods and psychological states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier options around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato basil soup recipe. You can cook tomato basil soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Tomato Basil Soup:
- Use of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- Provide of carrots.
- Prepare of onion.
- You need of sweet potato.
- You need of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- You need of celery.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Take of Salt & Pepper.
- Take of sugar.
- Take of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Use of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- Prepare of neutral oil.
- Prepare of Heavy cream.
Instructions to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.
If you find this Tomato Basil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.