Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover The Truth About Superfoods.
You might be what you eat. If you think about it, this makes sense. For instance, meats like poultry include amino acids which are important as they can help to repair muscle tissue. So be aware with the meals you consume as it can really produce a difference. Awareness of how our diet effects our wellbeing as well as the nourishment we need has led to more folks eating superfoods. Do you know what superfoods actually are? Well, there are 2 sorts of foods, the great and the poor. Putting on body weight is only one of the problems with consuming the incorrect fare and, as opposed to this, a good food can provide you energy as well as keeping you healthy. For instance you can expect, superfoods are looked at as the right form of food.
Lycopene can be an antioxidant obtained in tomatoes that is why also they are thought to be superfoods. Spinach can also be another high-quality food because it includes plenty of iron and folate, and that is a B vitamin. Spinach can be high in protein and contains lutein that may help keep away blindness in old age.
It now seems to be an excellent time to begin eating some superfoods to have the healthy positives of many of the minerals, vitamins and other necessary nutrients they contain.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lunchtime chicken fajita bowls w/ mexican white sauce recipe. You can have lunchtime chicken fajita bowls w/ mexican white sauce using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce:
- Get 3 of large boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Provide 1 of purple onion.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- Take 1 of sweet pepper.
- Use 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Take of Misc. seasoning blend (I used Tony Chachere's creole blend).
- Use strips of Tortilla chip.
- You need of sauce—-.
- Take 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of miracle whip.
- Take 1 tbsp of sour cream.
- Get 1 dash of lime juice.
- Get 1/2 packet of ranch dressing mix.
- You need 1-2 tsp of cumin.
- Provide 1-2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 pinch of oregano.
- Get of Fresh chopped cilantro.
- Take 1 Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of black pepper.
Instructions to make Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce:
- Prep the peppers and onion by cutting them into strips, about 1/2 inch thick. Lay everything out on a cookie sheet lined with foil, chicken in the middle, peppers on one end and onions on the other. Drizzle everything with the olive oil and toss a little bit so it's all coated. Sprinkle peppers and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chicken with your misc. seasoning..
- Bake on middle oven rack at 375 for 30-40 minutes (depending on how thick the chicken boobs are) Make the rice according to package directions. I used jasmine rice. — while that's cooking, make the sauce..
- Sauce- again, this sauce makes the whole thing. This sauce is the robin to Batman. The Louise to Thelma. The Mallory to Mickey. The gravy to KFC's mashed potatoes… you get the idea.. In a separate container combine the milk, miracle whip and sour cream. Add the dash of lime juice. Whip with a fork till it's all combined. Add all the spice ingredients and whip again to combine. Add the fresh cilantro last and just let it relax on top. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Mix.
- Side note about the sauce. I didn't use actual measurements for anything when making mine, so this is just a guideline. Keep tasting and adjusting accordingly. I like spicy, bold flavor. Also you're looking for the consistency to be a tad thicker than milk..
- Ok. When the oven is done let everything cool enough to handle with your bare hands. Slice the chicken across the grain. Now we build the bowls..
- I made 4 portions out of this and honestly it was a lot of food haha probably could've made 5 instead but I only had 4 Tupperware containers. Don't forget to drain the corn and black beans. Lay out a layer of tortilla strips (yes they will lose their crunch but that's what I wanted. Just the corn tortilla flavor) Next, a layer of rice. In one corner a couple spoons of corn. The other corner, some of the onion. Another corner, black beans. In the last corner some of the pepper strips..
- Sprinkle all of it with a bit more of the spice blend. Garnish with fresh cilantro. They should somewhat resemble the photo. Now lunches are ready for the week! Bring a separate container of the sauce and you're set!.
- When reheating this at work, I microwave for about a minute, cut up the chicken into bite size pieces, mix it all together and finish reheating. THEN drizzle the white sauce all over it. One round of cooking and you've got a weeks worth of home cooked lunches your coworkers will be jealous of you over!—– P.S (search "sheet pan chicken" on YouTube and there's a cool little minute long demo of the oven part of this, which inspired this recipe).
If you find this Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.