Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Not so average sheppard pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Not so average sheppard pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Advantages Of Consuming Superfoods?.
What you consume, is who you happen to be. This is so right. For instance, amino acids absorbed on account of eating meat can be utilized by your body in repairing muscular tissues. The same goes for all other foods, so it’s important that you just eat appropriately. Understanding of how our diet effects our health and also the nutrition we need has led to more of us eating superfoods. So what is considered as a superfood. In straightforward language, some food is superior for us and some not so helpful. Antioxidants in nutritional food helps our immune system whereas harmful foods have little value and can make you fat. The nutritional kinds of meals are where you will discover superfoods.
Superfoods even have another health quality in the way they boost your protection. Garlic can be described as popular superfood that may give your immune system an actual boost, which will help your body ward off sicknesses. Your blood cholesterol count may be lowered by garlic. One warning with garlic is that if you suffer with your stomach at all, it will not be recommended to consume it. As mentioned above, water is quite vital for your body (after all, the majority of one’s body is made of water) however sometimes it may be difficult to consume large volumes of water, which can be why you may want to try drinking Green tea. Green tea is great since it has something called polyphenols, which has a lot more antioxidants than Vitamin C. Green tea may also impede new blood vessels from developing, which can help prevent tumors from developing.
Superfoods are certainly worth consuming as they give you plenty of nutrients and health boosting vitamins that you may otherwise not take in through your standard diet.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to not so average sheppard pie recipe. You can cook not so average sheppard pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Not so average sheppard pie:
- Use 2 cups of mash potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini diced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow squash diced.
- Use 1 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 lb. of bulk pork sausage.
- Provide 1 cup of whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced baby carrots.
- You need of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Take of onion powder.
- You need of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
Instructions to make Not so average sheppard pie:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In skillet brown sausage.. (if not greasy add a bit of olive oil to pan). Once browned add about 2 table spoons of flour and stir to coat well..
- Add broth and worcestershire sauce to sausage add about 2 to 3 more table spoons of flour mix well. (It should be a light gravy color). Add garlic,onion,salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat down to medium low and simmer to allow the gravy to reduce and thicken.
- In a separate skillet add zucchini, squash, and corn and carrots Drizzle with olive oil, (I add additional seasoning here of garlic,onion,and pepper, but not necessary) and Sautee to your desired doneness…
- Stir in the vegetables into your meat and gravy mix. Once gravy is thick transfer everything into a baking dish..
- Spoon mashed potatoes over the meat and veggies and spread evenly..
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes untill potatoes start to turn golden and crisp…
If you find this Not so average sheppard pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.