Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Apple-Pear Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Apple-Pear Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apple-Pear Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already have some knowledge of how crucial it is to have a healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be either. You already know that exercising regularly and following a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, though, that several specific foods are good for making your heart be healthier? If you would like to know what to eat to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Know that fish is basically the healthiest food out there. You already know this since, by now, you’ve in all likelihood been told to eat fish at least twice a week. This is especially true for individuals whose hearts are unhealthy. Know that fish has lots of Omega 3’s which are what lets your body break down bad cholesterol. Try to include fish in a couple of meals per week.
There are plenty of foods that you can consume that are great for your body. It’s true that each of the food brought up in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are particularly wonderful, however, for promoting a healthy heart. Start eating these health food on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to apple-pear pie recipe. You can have apple-pear pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Apple-Pear Pie:
- You need 1/2 of lemon for zest.
- Use 5 of baking apples (granny smith, etc.), peeled, cored, sliced.
- You need 4 of baking pears (bosc, etc.), peeled, cored, sliced.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of fine salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Provide 1 cup of golden raisins (soaked in brandy, optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter (1/2 stick).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fruit jam / preserve (clear, such as apricot, etc.).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten (for egg wash).
- Take 2 of store-bought pie crusts (follow package instructions for use).
Steps to make Apple-Pear Pie:
- For the filling: Finely grate the lemon zest and set aside. Peel, core and then slice both the apples and pears into 1/2-inch slices. Coarsely chop the slices. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fruit then toss fruit with the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg. Mix in the raisins..
- Melt the butter in a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fruit and cook, stirring until the sugar dissolves and juices simmer, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add the fruit jam (optional), and cook uncovered, until the fruit softens and the juices evaporate some, about 10 minutes..
- Evenly mix the flour into the fruit; then cook about a 2 minutes more to thicken the juices slightly. Stir in the vanilla and lemon zest; and remove from the heat. (The filling should resemble tight compote.) Cool completely..
- Form the pie: Transfer one prepared pie dough sheet from a lightly flour dusted surface area to 9-inch pie pan, so it hangs about 1/2-inch over the edge of the pan. Fill the crust with the prepared fruit so it mounds slightly in the center..
- Roll the other dough sheet onto the dusted rolling pin and unroll it over the fruit so it hangs over the edge of the pie pan by about 1/2-inch. Trim crusts evenly with a knife and press both top and bottom edges to seal. Flute the crust edge with a fork or fingers to make an even impression. Refrigerate the pie for at least 20 minutes..
- Place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven and heat to 400 degrees F..
- Brush pie with egg wash and sprinkle with white sugar on top if desired. Cut 6 to 8 small steam vents into the top of the pie dough. Place pie on a baking sheet (drippings) and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F..
- Bake for another 45-50 minutes until the crust is golden brown. If the edges begin to brown too quickly, cut a pie crust shield out of a piece of aluminum foil and cover the edges. When done baking, cool on a rack for 1-2 hours..
- Tip: Serve with ice-cream of course..
If you find this Apple-Pear Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.