Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy fish pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy fish pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Find out The Reality About Superfoods.
What you eat, is who you are. If you concentrate on it, this makes sense. For instance, amino acids absorbed as a result of eating meat can be used by the body in repairing muscles. So be careful with the meals you consume as it could really make a difference. Understanding of how our diet effects our fitness and also the nutrition we need has led to more people eating superfoods. Do you know what superfoods really are? We can in truth say that a number of foods add to our vitality and others do not. Antioxidants in nutritional food helps our immune system while unhealthy foods have little value and could make you fat. Superfoods, as you will have guessed, come under high-quality foods.
Your immune system will even benefit from the components of superfoods. Garlic is a recognized superfood that can provide your immune system a real boost, that will help your system beat back sicknesses. Your blood cholesterol count may be lowered through garlic. If you’ve a easily upset stomach then it’s best to not have garlic as it could inflame the lining. As said above, water is extremely vital for your body (after all, the bulk of the body is made up of water) however now and then it may be tough to drink large volumes of water, which is why you may want to try drinking Green tea. Rich in antioxidants, green tea is considered a beneficial drink as it has polyphenols. Moreover, it seems that green tea may have preventative qualities in stopping the growth of tumors.
So with their nutritional value and antioxidant qualities it is certainly recommended to start introducing some superfoods into your everyday eating habits.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy fish pie recipe. To cook easy fish pie you need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy fish pie:
- Get 340 g of fish pie mix (we used Tesco which has cod, salmon and smoked haddock chunks).
- Use 1 of large carrot.
- Take 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 of large leek.
- Get 5-6 of large white potatoes (could do more if you like more mash on top or half and half white and sweet potatoes).
- Take 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 125 g of cheese (grated) – stronger cheddar is nice but I kept it milder for the kiddies.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of plain flour (we used cornflour as trying to keep gluten free – you'll probaby need a little less of this).
- Provide 50 g of butter.
- You need 500 ml of milk – semi or whole milk is best or try coconut or oat milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard (optional).
- Take of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Easy fish pie:
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks. Place in a pan of boiling, slightly salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for approx. 10 minute until they are cooked through. Drain thoroughly and add the butter and a dash of milk. Mash well and put aside..
- Peel the carrot and grate into an medium overproof dish. Grate or thinkly slice the leeks and add to the dish..
- Add the frozen peas and the fish and mix well..
- Make the cheese sauce by melting 50g butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the cornflour and stir thoroughly until it starts to form a paste (roux). Add a little of the milk and stir to incorporate the roux and the liquid. You will need to keep doing this until all the milk is added, making sure there are no lumps in the sauce. A whisk may help you do this..
- Bring the sauce almost to a boil- it should thicken as it does so. Stir it at all times otherwise it will catch the bottom of the pan..
- Take the pan off the heat once it is thickened and add the grated cheese. Stir until it is fully melted and mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste (a tsp of mustard is also nice to add here if you like.).
- Mix the cheese sauce with the veg and fish in the dish.
- Top with the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180˚c for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with some lovely fresh green veg – broccoli and runner beans are the faves in our house!!.
If you find this Easy fish pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.