Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Keeping Track of What exactly You Take in: How to Do It Correctly.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the first things that you will learn is that it is important to record what you eat during the day. Keeping a food record makes it possible to recognize the foods you are eating as well as the foods you are not eating. For example, when you keep a food log for a few days you could notice that even though you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Writing all of it down can help you see exactly which parts of your diet program really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
You need to be very particular while you write down the things that you are eating. It is not adequate to list “salad” in your food log. Write down all of the ingredients in the salad and also the type of dressing you used. You ought to include the amount of the food you consume. “Cereal” won’t be enough however “one cup Fiber One cereal” is acceptable. Don’t forget that the more of something you take in, the more calories you are going to take in so you need to list out the measurements of what you eat so that you will know just how many calories you take in and will need to burn.
What type of spirits are you in while you eat? Write it down! This can show you if you use foods to solve emotional issues. It also assists you to see clearly which foods you have a tendency to choose when you are in certain moods. Many of us will reach for junk foods whenever we are upset, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. When you pay attention to how you eat in the course of your different moods and psychological states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier choices around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to muthia (bottle gourd dumplings) recipe. To make muthia (bottle gourd dumplings) you need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings):
- Provide 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Get 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ajwain.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Get 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Get 1 – 2 of chilis green chopped finely.
- Provide 1 tsp of ginger , minced.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 2 tbsps of cilantro chopped (optional).
- Provide 1/4 of lemon juice of.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Take to taste of salt pepper and.
- Provide 1 cup of bottle gourd shredded.
- You need of For Frying.
- Prepare 1 of asafoetida oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- Take 1 tbsp of sesame seed.
- Use of cilantro coconut fresh or flakes for garnish.
Instructions to make Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings):
- Mix the baking soda, oil and flour together till uniform. Add ajwain, turmeric, asafoetida, coriander powder, ginger,lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper..
- Lightly squeeze the shredded bottle gourd and reserve the water in a separate bowl for later..
- Fold the bottle gourd tinto the batter until it is the consistency of playdough. If needed add the water you squeezed out of the bottle gourd to get the correct consistency..
- Using greased hands, shape the muthia by rolling the dough out into 1'' wide cylinders that are each 3-4 inches long and then gently squeezing with your fist. Now steam the muthia on a greased plate for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. Make sure that the muthia do not overlap each other. You will know if the muthia are cooked through by using the toothpick test..
- Let the muthia cool until they are easy to touch without burning and then slice them into 1/2 inch thick slices..
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining tbsp of oil and add 1/2 tsp asafoetida and sesame seeds. Stir in the muthia and cook until they turn light brown and look crispy on the outside..
- Garnish with coconut flakes and/or cilantro and serve..
If you find this Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.