Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Handvo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Handvo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Benefits Of Eating Superfoods?.
You might be what you eat. That is so right. As an example, meats like fowl include amino acids that happen to be vital as they could help to reconstruct muscle tissue. So be cautious with the meals you eat as it could really make a difference. Nutritional advice tells us that the right food can make us healthy so superfoods have become a part of many individuals’s diets. Do you know what superfoods in fact are? Well, there are a couple of types of foods, the good and the inferior. Putting on weight is only 1 of the issues with ingesting the wrong fare and, vs this, the right food can provide you energy as well as keeping you healthy. For example you may expect, superfoods are viewed as the correct form of food.
Lycopene is an antioxidant found in tomatoes which is why they are also thought to be superfoods. As mentioned, nutrients are vital and a B vitamin called folate is within spinach. Lutein, a nutrient obtained in spinach is important for eyeball strength as we grow older.
So with their nutritional value and antioxidant qualities it is definitely recommended to start introducing some superfoods into your daily eating habits.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to handvo recipe. You can cook handvo using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Handvo:
- You need 1/4 kg of handvo flour (ready available).
- Provide 11/2 cup of sour curd.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated bottle gourd.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of asafoetida (hing).
- Take 2 tbsp of green chillies-ginger paste.
- Take 1 tbsp of soda bi carb or eno fruit salt.
- Use 4 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of urad dal.
- Get 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cummin seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds.
- Use of To serve:.
- Prepare of Coconut-coriander chutney (blended in whisk curd).
Steps to make Handvo:
- In mixing vessel add handvo flour,mix whisked curd and make idli like batter(if needed add little water).Cover and keep to ferment for 6 hours..
- At the time of making add salt, asafoetida, turmeric powder, green chillies- ginger paste,grated bottle gourd in fermented batter. Do tempering of 1 tbsp oil,urad dal, mustard and cummin seeds, sesame seeds..and pour in fermented batter..
- Mix well. Heat 10" daimeter nonstick pan add heat 3 tbsp oil..as oil being heated add soda bi carb in prepared batter,mix gently for 30 secs..
- Pour this batter in nonstick pan,cover and cook for 8 minutes till the base is golden brown in colour..
- Uncover the half cooked handvo,place a same size plate on it..pick the pan,over turn it. Put half cooked handvo on plate..Glide the uncooked side back in nonstick pan.. from plate. Cover and cook for 5-7 mins until lower side till it turns crisp and golden brown in colour..
- Cool slightly,Cut into 8 slices..Serve immediately hot Handvo with coconut-coriander chutney..
- For baked Handvo..pour the prepared batter in greased baking tray,bake in preheated oven at 200C for 35-40 mins..or till upper crust turn golden brown in colour..
- For Coconut coriander chutney..grind 1 cup of chopped coriander leaves,1/2 cup grated coconut,3 green chillies,a piece of ginger,1 tsp roasted gram(dalia),salt to taste. Add whisked fresh curd to make semi liquid chutney..
If you find this Handvo recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.