Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Are Superfoods Really As Good quality As They’re Made Out To Be?.
You have become what you put in your body. If you concentrate on it, this makes sense. If you gobble some poultry that poultry is going to be broken down plus the amino acids are going to be used to restore cells and develop muscle. Eating the right meals is thus imperative. Nutritional advice tells us that the proper food can make us healthy so superfoods have become part of many people’s diets. But what precisely are superfoods? In simple language, some food is superior for us and some not so beneficial. Putting on fat is only one of the issues with eating the wrong fare and, versus this, the right food can provide you wellness in addition to keeping you healthy. As you might guess, superfoods are seen as the correct form of food.
Some other good quality superfoods to eat are tomatoes as they have something called Lycopene which is a superb antioxidant. Spinach is also a further high-quality food because it contains plenty of iron and folate, which is a B vitamin. Spinach is also high in protein and contains lutein which can help keep away blindness in old age.
Superfoods are positively worth consuming as they give you lots of nutritional value and health boosting vitamins that you may otherwise not devour through your normal diet.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade otah/singapore style otak otak recipe. To cook homemade otah/singapore style otak otak you need 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak:
- You need of Spice Paste.
- Take 3 stalks of lemongrass (white part only).
- Prepare 60 gr of galangal/blue ginger.
- Take 2 pcs of big red chillies, remove the seeds.
- You need 10 pcs of dried chillies, pre-soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, remove the seeds.
- Prepare 150 gr of shallots.
- Use 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- Provide 150 gr of fresh coconut milk.
- You need 500 gr of batang/ikan tenggiri, only the meat (remove bones and skin).
- Get 200 gr of fish paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1-1.5 tsp of salt.
- Take 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of rice flour.
- Provide 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- Provide 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Provide 4 of kaffir lime leaves, remove the centre part and chopped finely.
- Prepare of Banana leaves for wrapping.
Instructions to make Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak:
- Soaked the dried chillies in hot water for 30 minutes, remove the seeds. Prepare all ingredients. Finely chop the spice ingredients and put it in your food processor to make a paste..
- This is the fish paste I use. Ready to use from supermarket..
- Remove the meat from the bones/skin. Original recipe calls for 300 gr fish meat. But in the end I use 500 gr nett. Roughly chop. Set aside..
- Mix the spice paste from step one with 1 tbsp of coriander seeds powder and 1 tbsp of curry powder. Add salt and sugar.
- Add fish paste and 3 eggs. Stir well until combined. After that add in rice flour and corn flour. Mix well, add coconut milk and 3 tbsp of oil..
- Add in the chopped fish meat and lastly, add the finely chopped kaffir lime leaves.
- Wrapping time: use the clean banana leaves (wash and soaked in hot water to soften the leaves). Add 3-4 tbsp of the mixture to banana leaves, secure both sides with toothpicks.
- You also can use an oven-safe pan layered with banana leaves at the bottom. Cover with another banana leaves on top..
- Baked in preheated oven at 200 degree celcius for about 20 minutes (top and bottom heat).
- Ready to serve. Yummy!.
If you find this Homemade Otah/Singapore Style Otak Otak recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.