Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Way to Track Your Food.
When you begin your diet one of several things you will learn right away is that trying to keep a food journal is very helpful. Tracking all of the foods you eat may help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. One example is that, after tracking your nutrition for a few days you might realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats without nearly enough organic nutrients. Having it all written down can help you recognize the parts of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
But imagine if you write every single thing down but still can’t figure out how to lose weight? There is a great way and a sluggish method to track the food you eat. There is more to food journaling than composing a list of what you eat during the day. You must record a few other very important information. Here are a number of the hints that can make it easier to become far more successful at food tracking.
Record your feelings while you eat. This could show you whether you use foods to solve emotional issues. This will also show you whether or not you gravitate for certain foods based on your mood. Many of us will reach for junk foods when we are worried, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. Paying attention to what you reach for when you are upset can help you stock similar but better items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also start talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash mac and cheese with bacon recipe. To make butternut squash mac and cheese with bacon you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon:
- Provide 3 cups of macaroni noodles.
- Provide 2 cups of diced butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 lbs of bacon, diced.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Get 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1.5 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Use 1 tsp of paprika.
- Take 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- Get 1 cups of gruyere cheese.
Instructions to make Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon:
- In a large pot, cook pasta just shy of el dente.
- Meanwhile in an oven proof skillet, brown bacon..
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside in colander. Then place the pot back on the heat, boil water and cook the diced butternut squash until soft. Drain the water from the squash, add the chicken broth and blend with hand blender. Once blended add the cream. (If you dont have a hand blender, add all this to a blender and blend until smooth and return back to the pot..
- Going back to the skillet, once bacon is crisp, remove and set aside. Drain some of the fat from the pan. Add your onions and garlic and seasoning (except paprika) and cook until onions are translucent. This is for about 5 min. Then add your wine to deglaze. Turn off heat..
- Going back to the pot with the butternut squash puree, once it's warmed through add 2 cups of your shredded cheese and your paprika and stir. Remove from heat. Add your onion mixture to the pot. Mix to combine..
- Add your cooked macaroni to your cheesy sauce and mix. Stir in half of your crumbled bacon..
- Pour everything back into your oven safe skillet (or leave it in the pot IF its oven proof) top your mac with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake in oven at 375°F for 30-35min or until bubbly and brown..
If you find this Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.